Someone once said “India is a land of animals”. One may not agree with it figuratively, but literally I say it’s true, for we have abundant fauna in India which we can pride ourselves for. Indian jungle safari is an experience which every foreigner coming to India has to go upon. So we took it upon ourselves to make the list which will give you a virtual journey through all these wildlife tourism areas for your holidays this year, which will definitely make you go cuckoo. So here we have the best places for wildlife safaris in India which you must take this year.
1. Gir Wildlife Sanctuary– Lion of all National Parks
Main Attractions: lions, the king of the jungle will come before you and roar with his all their might. See lions in their grandest grandeur.
- Area: 1,412 square kilometres
- Where: Gujarat
- Best time to visit: December to April
2. Jim Corbett National Park – I have got the eye of the tiger
Main Attractions: Located at the foothills of Himalayas, you can see tigers here roaming freely all day. See the beauty of the Himalayan landscape with tigers and other animals like Serow, Goral, and Himalayan Tahr.
- Area: 1,318 square kilometres
- Located at: Near Dehradun, Uttarakhand
- Best time to visit: November to June whereas tigers best spotted from March to May.
3. Ranthanbore National Park- Have a Rajasthani feast among the wildcats
Main Attractions: we have established that tigers are common to see in wildlife sanctuaries, but what about cultural appropriation mixed with tiger watching? Bask in the beauty of Rajasthani culture while viewing those wildcats.
- Area: 1,334 square kilometres.
- Located at: Rajasthan
- Best time to visit: October to June while tigers can be seen between March and May.
Also Explore: Amazing Places You Must See In India During Summer Vacation
4. Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary- Let the trumpets blow
Main Attractions: Set in the background of lush green forests, elephants roam around majestically around the place giving us a grand tour of the Periyar Wildlife sanctuary. Also famous for exotic birds, many people also come here for bird watching.
- Area: 925 square kilometres
- Located at: Kerala
- Best time to visit: Throughout the year
5. Kaziranga National Park- Unicorns (One horned rhinos) are real
Main Attractions: The major attraction of the area is the one horned rhino which is a rare and endemic species. Watch the flow of the Brahmaputra river flow ferociously towards the mouth.
- Area: 430 square kilometres
- Where: Assam
- Best time to visit: November to April
6. Sunderbans National Park- Sabse sundar sunderban
Main Attractions: Marshy lands turn into seas during the high tide, and tigers sprinting and swimming through the marshes. Fishing Cats, Leopard Cats, Macaques, Wild Boar, and Indian Grey Mongoose How amazing does that sound?
- Area: 4624 square kilometres
- Where: West Bengal
- Best time to visit: October to April
7. Kutch Desert wildlife sanctuary- White sand shimmers
Main Attractions: When you are bored of seeing trees and forests, come to this place and be allured by the white sand and the pink flamingos. The major attractions also include the ancient Harappan city of Dholavira. Also, don’t be surprised by mirages in the middle of the day.
- Area: 7,506 square kilometres.
- Where: In Kutch, near Bhuj town, in the state of Gujarat.
- Best time to visit: Avoid the summers for they might get too hot.
Once you see these places you will realise how amazing it feels to be free. Let it be human or animal. So tell me, when will you break free from your monotonous routine?